Robert J. Chassell
|Born||August 22, 1946|
Bennington, Vermont, U.S.
|Died||June 30, 2017 (aged 70)|
Robert "Bob" Chassell was one of the founding directors of the Free Software Foundation (FSF).
In 1985, he became one of the founding directors of the FSF. While on the Board of Directors, he was also the treasurer for the FSF. At this time, he started the Texinfo documentation system for GNU together with Richard Stallman.
Chassell has authored several books including:
- Chassell, Robert J. (2003). Software Freedom: An Introduction. Boston: GNUpress. ISBN 1-882114-95-7.
- Chassell, Robert J. (2004). An introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp. Boston: GNUpress. ISBN 1-882114-56-6.
- A 30 minute audio interview with Robert
- An online copy of "Software Freedom: An Introduction"
- An online copy of "An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp"
- Tribute to Robert J. Chassell on Bradley M. Kuhn's Personal Blog
- Tribute to Robert J. Chassell on the Software Freedom Conservancy Website
- Robert J. Chassell's writings are at Richard M. Stallman's personal website